Cannabidiol or CBD has mind-blowing health benefits for humans and animals. The popularity of CBD is increasing continuously and so is the demand for CBD products. What makes this substance better is that it is a legal and safer alternative to other cannabis substances. While other cannabinoids of cannabis plants have benefits and possible side effects, that is not the case with CBD. In fact, CBD has many health benefits without the risk of side effects. So, if you wonder if CBD can cause addiction or the “high effect”, the answer is no. The one substance of cannabis that does cause addiction and “makes you high” is THC. To make sure these effects are not present when using CBD products, there is no THC in CBD products for sale.
You can purchase CBD products such as CBD oil, gummies, or creams in-store or online in every state that allows it. So far, we explained a few things, but below we will dive into details of the health benefits of CBD. Before doing so, let us explain why most countries consider CBD legal and safe to use.
Is CBD legal?
So, cannabis may be of different types, it can be of Sativa family, Indica or Ruderalis. Cannabis Sativa has two strains in the name of Marijuana and Hemp or Industrial Hemp as some like to call it. As we know marijuana is illegal, because it contains too much THC, thus causing addiction and the “high effect”. Marijuana contains more THC than hemp and less CBD than hemp. That is why cultivating hemp is quite trendy nowadays, because it can produce more CBD and less than 0.3% THC. Under the 0.3% THC condition, hemp is legal by federal law in the majority of the United States of America. This rule varies in European countries and the rest of the world as some states only allow hemp with less than 0.2% or 0.1% or no THC at all.
After clearing this out, you may think, “If this cannabis substance doesn’t make me high, then why should I buy it?”. And the answer is, well, CBD contains numerous therapeutic properties that can help humans and animals. Animals and humans possess an endocannabinoid system that works these cannabinoid receptors in the brain and immune system. CBD as one of those cannabinoids is able to communicate with these receptors and help in different ways.
Cannabidiol is able to help reduce pain, inflammation, anxiety, and other things that affect our overall health state. Below we will sum up the benefits of CBD for the wellbeing of our body and mind.
The health benefits of using CBD
CBD is able to:
- Reduce anxiety and depression: both mental disorders that ruin our quality of life. CBD can reduce these symptoms, and also fights social anxiety or public speaking anxiety too. Other medicines may be short term solutions, but CBD is a long term solution and safe to use.
- Reduce several types of pain: can reduce physical pain and neuropathic pain. CBD treats pain caused by arthritis or the pain caused by multiple sclerosis. In other words, any inflammatory disease that causes pain has a natural remedy which is CBD.
- Fight addiction: by correcting brain circuits responsible for the addiction, thus helping against dependency. As we know, drug addiction affects brain circuits that cause dependency on drugs such as morphine or heroin. With the use of CBD, you don’t have such dependency on those drugs anymore.
- Reduce blood pressure: if you use CBD products such as CBD oil daily, your blood pressure lowers significantly. As we know, high blood pressure can cause serious problems such as strokes, heart attacks, etc.
- Fight insomnia: is able to reduce any sleeping issues that people experience. CBD is the answer to the worries that affect your sleep and make you stay awake.
- Help against acne: lowers the production of sebum in the skin by using its anti-inflammatory properties. That is really important because sebum is the oil that makes acne appears on the surface. With the use of CBD oil, your acne will clear up in a short period of time.
- Lower psychotic symptoms: CBD has antipsychotic effects on people who suffer from mental disorders such as schizophrenia. Other mental issues including psychosis needed a natural treatment remedy and that is where CBD comes into play.
- Help fight cancer: the anti-inflammatory and anti-tumor properties of CBD fight cancer and prevent spreading if it already exists.
In conclusion, we can say that the above health benefits are not the only ones. In fact, the list of the therapeutic benefits of CBD is very large and getting larger after each scientific study. The latest studies show clear conclusions of the safety of using CBD products and the numerous health benefits. CBD does not have any notable side effects reported by users, but an overdose may cause vomiting or dry mouth. Before starting to use CBD, it is good to make a visit to your doctor, especially if you are using other medicine.